I’ma throw it back Continue reading
Thank you everyone for making this year’s Christmas and New Years celebration truly special. I was SO not ready to leave, but alas, duty calls. Back to rainy London! However, I am of the firm belief that everyday can be amazing, regardless of where you are. Appreciate the moment, make the most of your day, do
something fucked up something that makes you happy. Be productive. Be creative. Be grateful. Be happy in 2015. MANY fun and amazing things ahead:) Continue reading
Here are some snaps that never made the cut for the more ‘aesthetically pleasing’ posts – a little pick a mix of selfies, parties, beaches etc around the island. Above: Toi là! Je t’aime! But you already knew that of course 😉 Continue reading
Our last days together in St Barths, me and my bro’s enjoyed some sibling QT. We hung out at Shell Beach and had lunch at Do Brazil – this is a must on the island!
Afterwards, we went on to our special family spot. It has the best view of the harbor and it’s beautiful to watch the sunset here – go up to the lighthouse above Gustavia around 4-5 and watch the sunset. If you’re lucky Continue reading
I feel tricked and betrayed – by my own memory. Last time I checked, I had a whole week left here in St Barth’s – apparently not so. I’m leaving tomorrow, back to London, and here I’ll share a few pictures my talented friend Agnes Fischer took – I love the ‘Purple Haze’ theme in these ones! To find more of her work, head to her website https://agnes-fischer.squarespace.com/
Don’t I wish I had a full time photographer following me around everyday? Beats any old selfie stick, that’s for sure… Continue reading
Let me tell you one of the 500 perks of being here in St Barth’s for almost a month: The Calm After the Storm. Over New Year’s it really is an intense schedule: parties that can’t be missed, beaches that shan’t remained unbeached and, well, parties that can’t be missed. So to have this luxury to stay on a couple of more days after things have calmed down a bit is glorious – it is my insurance that I won’t return to London looking like a Toxic Waste Product. Would hate to have another bout with customs! No, no, better look my usual, inconspicuous self. 😉
These photos here Continue reading
Before you scroll down to check it out, I’d just like to take this opportunity to express how happy and lucky I feel to be here on a normal family vacation with my brothers and my mother. Our grandparents started visiting this island almost 40 years ago, and since the year I was born, we have been coming at least once a year. It really is a pleasure and a privilege being able to spend time in this paradise with family and best friends from all over the world. We are all enjoying this time away from work immensely.
Two night’s ago, we went to Russel Simmon’s annual party at Eden Rock. Continue reading
Merry Christmas from the beaches of St Barths, dear friends! It is with a happy heart that I present you with this special Christmas gift – A New Blog! Yes! http://www.alexiabergstrom.com is now www.theAlexicat.com and this change is good good good. Just like me.
I know that all of you lovely, dirty, little scoundrels very much liked all the naughty (true) stories I was writing a while back in the Sextreme Echo category. I thought it would be rude not to continue with these rude stories, so they will be back, with some added features…
I also know that sometimes, you guys like to know
where to get fucked up where to go, what to do, how to do it and who to wear, while doing it. So I thought, instead of just writing about these dungeons places, designers, restaurant’s etc, why not do some fun photo shoots together? I’ve been very fortunate to work with some great people recently, and these collaborations will continue into the new year. Lot’s of fun visuals coming your way, soon!
For those of you who wonder where the hell I’ve been, I can tell you now that my ‘leave of absence’ from writing here had to do with another big project I’m working on. Namely, my first novel! That’s right; yours truly has been working day and night on this Magnum Opus, and it like, totally, absolutely, utterly consumes me. I am now in the process of re-writing it, so hopefully it will be available in a book store/on a kindle near you soon. Positive thinking! Right?
So in the meantime, before you get your signed copy, there is always the Blawg! If you feel like you want more than the Blawg, I suggest you hit follow on Instagrind and Twitter (hell, why not!) for daily updates and lots of pictures.
That’s all for now then I guess. Over the next couple of days I will be tweaking around here, fixing this and that, making sure it’s all to your liking. Let me know what you think, what you’d like more of, etc etc!
Merry Christmas to all of you! Hope to see you here soon 🙂
- I love that this is pretty much the only place in the world where I can drive. Why? There are like, no rules (my best kind of rules)
- I love that I can have rose with every meal. Minuty, please.
- I love the way the planes land. On. A. Fucking. Beach.
- I love that when you’re out cruising in your car, suddenly the smell of weed can seep in through your AC.
- I love that I know what beaches to go to and when, so I can tan topless without all of YOU seeing it.
- I love that I can go and have a planters punch at Le Select for 2euros with all the locals, listening to live Calypso, before heading to private party on a yacht. Best of both worlds!
- I love that there is the mix of the European laissez faire and the American hustle and bustle. It turns: Let’s do this! Let’s do that! Into: Yeeeah, lets do that! Yeeaah, we’ll do whatever we want! Si tu veux!
- I love that some asshole once brought a Lamborghini here, but couldn’t drive it because of the roads- FAIL! Jeep it up, bitch.
- I love that I can dress like Barbie without people looking at me like I’m an LP (Luxury Prostitute)
- I LOVE the parties. Love.
- I love getting dressed up at Le Ti. More pirates for everyone!
- I love that I am leaving this island with some new clothes. This can mean trouble with overweight etc. So, let’s just take a moment to discuss this: I am at the airport in St Barth’s right this minute, and I was just asked to step onto the scale, along with my hand luggage to check if the total weight was “overweight”. Fabulous! Rest of the world, take note! Why should I pay overweight for my clothes and bags, but a fat person doesn’t have to pay for being fat?
- I love that you can sit next to Paul McCartney at lunch at Do Brazil. Ain’t no thang.
- I love meeting new people- everywhere!!
- I loooooove the beaches/ bitches.
- I love that I once got mistaken for Lady Gaga by the paparazzi. Oh wait, I don’t love that. Or, yes I do. Whatever.
- I love French Pharmacies. I am leaving like Florence fucking Nightingale.
- I love that this is the kind of place you can be a hippie and a jet setter all at once. I could so see myself growing really old here and just living island life… and then when all the crazies come over Christmas, I’ll be your rock n roll grandma who throws the best after parties.
- I love that there is so much love on this island, and that I get to share it each year with my family!
- I love that every single person from back home is NOT coming here… oh wait a minute, perhaps I should stop telling you how much I love this place? All of the above is a lie. The place is awful.
The time has come to say goodbye to my beloved island! I’ve just had a last swim at Gouvernor beach, and now it’s time to rush to the airport…. But not before posting some pictures from last night- a last family dinner at La Plage (lobster night!) and a few drinks with Anna Carolina and Agnes in Gustavia… I already miss this place, and I haven’t even left the island yet. My feet and my heart are already itching for my next travel! What will it be? Bisous xxx